Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Start of School!

We started school on Monday! Despite what my dad thinks, I am actually excited to finally have a schedule and start classes. I am taking three Spanish classes: intro to literature, conversation, and spanish for business and a culture and civilization class that is required. I have two classes a day and they are an hour and a half each which isn't too bad, only Monday through Thursday. My classes so far have been pretty interesting. I am especially enjoying my culture and civilization class. It is interesting to learn about Spain's past and how they came to be what they are today. My classes are all in Spanish except my culture class.

This week we also went on a walking tour with the school. They took us to the Palacio and to Plaza Mayor. It was so beautiful and I definitely plan to return to go inside. The palace was modeled after Versailles. Our group has been so fun and it has been nice to meet so many new people since I really only knew two people going to Spain with me. Hopefully we will continue to meet more students in Madrid for the semester!

Tomorrow we are off to Segovia for the day. It is only about an hour away so we are leaving around 9 tomorrow and we get back at 7:30. I am excited to get to know another city. Segovia is known for its Roman aqueducts that still function today. The weather has been so awesome recently, almost too chilly to wear shorts in the morning! I am definitely not missing the hot weather and I am excited for Fall. It has been hard to not do any shopping because all that is out right now is sweaters and boots. Hopefully winter will come sooner than later.

I am excited for the weekend and to see what next week will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment