Saturday, September 4, 2010

Discoteca: 1, Curry:0



Allie and I are currently sitting in our "siesta room" which is actually our TV room just for us and I am soaking my feet in freezing water because last night we went out to the discoteca and my feet have finally given up on me. We met up with thegroup in Plaza Mayor to have a couple drinks before the club, Joy, opened. We ended up taking a few wrong turns thanks to some bad directions so it took us about an hour of walking to get there. We left there and walked to Joy which was the coolest place I think I have ever been. It was three floors of dancing and bars along with a stage for the VIP tables. The atmosphere was amazing and we danced until 5 in the morning. We met lots of people including a big group of Scottish guys who were there on a bachelor party. While dancing the night away in heels, I got stepped on numerous times causing half of my toe nail to fall off and then a piece of glass stabbed my foot. When we got home around 5:30, my shoe and foot was covered in blood. Bad news bears.

We were pretty hungry from the whole night of dancing so we raided our senora's fridge and finished off the lasagna we had for dinner. I hope she doesn't notice haha! We woke up around 1 this afternoon. It was definitely the most fun night here so far.

We headed to the Ritero Park this afternoon and met up with some people in our group for lunch by the lake. It was so relaxing and beautiful. Allie and I walked around for a little and then decided to head back home. At this point, my feet were dying. I don't know how I am going to do it again tonight but I will find a way. The Spanish night life is unbelievable and we never know what to expect each night. I can't believe I get to be here for four months and see these amazing places and go out to these incredible clubs every weekend. This semester is going to be nuts if every night was like last night. This is the lake that we sat next to in Ritero Park when we were having lunch.



1 comment:

  1. Curry! Ah! I love Joy! It's so fun! We went there! And there is a fabulous place to get Churros right next door... you will have to check it out! Ah! I am so jealous of you, but so glad you are having a great time! Don't you just love the Spanish nightlife? It is SO fun!

    ReplyDelete