Sunday, September 5, 2010

Discoteca Part II


Last night the group ventured out to another discoteca. We decided to go to El Kapital, the most famous club in Spain. On our way in the metro, Allie and I met several Americans studying with USD and NYU. It is so crazy how many students we have met studying here. Once one of us hears someone speaking English we immediately go over to them and ask them where they are from. It is nice to know that is easy to meet all of these kids and we can expand our group. Some of the people in my group from SMU have other students living with them as well. Its been really cool to meet people from around the US.

El Kapital has seven floors and each floor has its own theme. The first floor is techno with crazy dancers on stage and a huge dance floor. The rest of the floors vary from rap to a Bacardi Floor to the roof top deck on top. We of course had to visit each floor and check them all out. We soon found that the first floor was our favorite. The music was so loud and during certain parts of the songs, a huge, crazy, cold blast of white smoke would shoot down over the dance floor. The build up for the smoke was amazing and fresh air was a great way to stay from getting too tired. I don't think I have ever had so much fun. We stayed until the club closed at 6:00 and caught the metro home because it starts running again at 6. That is the latest I have ever stayed out and I wasn't even that tired when we got home. It was an amazing night. This is the first floor of El Kapital.


We slept until about 1:30 and then headed to Plaza de Santana to meet some girls visiting from London where they are studying abroad. We had our first paella and walked to El Parque de Ritero for some gelato and to see the sights. The park is so gorgeous and it is nice to just find a shady spot to relax.

Our madre is back in town now, she went to visit her daughter for one night and for a celebration. I am so excited because Dorothy Shain is coming tomorrow. She is my sorority sister and one of my very good friends who is doing semester at sea and they are stopping in Spain for a week! I can't wait to show her around and catch up!

My feet once again hate me even though I wore flats last night because there is always so much glass on the dance floor. At the clubs, they give you really nice glasses to drink out of and then people just drop them on the floor and they of course shatter. It is not a very good system and it's kind of dangerous. Overall, last night was amazing and crazy and I can't wait until next weekend to do it all again! :)

1 comment:

  1. ahh i want to go to that club! me and you on our next adventure to spain!!!
    I am so glad youre having fun! :) party hard but stay safe!

    ReplyDelete